If your spine could talk, he’d have a few New Year’s resolutions of his own to share with you! If you’re resolving for a better quality of life, you may want to listen up and see what your spine has to say!
Your Spine’s Top 5 Resolutions for 2018
1. Stop Slouching. It drives me crazy when you sit hunched over a computer all day, it’s putting a cramp in my style (literally)! Get up and stretch at least once every hour. Promise me, you and I will feel a lot better at the end of the day.
2. Exercise and Stretch. Yeah, we all know this is on your list this year too, but when it’s Day 5 and you feel like quitting, think of me! I need you to build strong muscles to help support me. I also need you to stretch so I’m strong and limber. Go head to the gym, I’ll be right behind you, lol.
3. Drink More Water. Ok, I threw you an easy one! But water helps the elasticity and fluidity of my soft tissue and joints. In other words, if you don’t drink enough water, you’re going to feel older and weaker a whole lot faster. Keep a full water bottle with you all the time. In fact, drinking more water might help you drink less soda.
4. Sleep More. I know you’ll love me for this one! But staying up late, Facebooking and watching bad TV is not helping a spine out! Sleep! Why? Because I and the rest of your body need sleep to repair and relax. Do me a favor though, sleep on your side or your back (no whining!) When you sleep on your stomach it makes for a rather uncomfortable night for me. Sweet dreams!
5. Visit your favorite Chiropractor more often. Pretty please?! You and I both know how awesome we feel after visiting Triangle Spine Center. The chiropractors puts me right back where I need to be and I get along and work so much better with everyone else (ie, your nervous system, brain, stomach, etc.) when you get adjusted regularly. Here’s the number, 919-957-3600.
We can do this! Help a spine out, you know you need me!
Happy New Year!
Christmas is a busy time of year with many extra things to do, extra demands on your time. Your body comes under extra stress and pressure. People feel loss more at this time of year and getting an extended family together can be an occasion for anxiety and friction. As families splinter in pursuit of travel, education and career, the opportunities for families to get together regularly are, on average, dwindling and the pressure to enjoy each other’s company on the rare occasions when families do re-unite, can cause extra stress.
We have discussed what happens to the body during times of stress – it affects the nervous system. The nervous system is responsible for coordinating every cell, tissue, muscle, gland, organ and system in the entire body. Who cares for the nervous system?? Your Chiropractor does! Make sure you don’t neglect your spinal adjustments at this time of year – it will help you to have a Happy, Healthy Christmas and New Year – but please use the front door – not the chimney!!
At Triangle Spine Center, we are thankful for so many things this Thanksgiving, especially for the chance to help the wonderful patients we treat each day.
Americans make a big deal over holiday deals; we make an even bigger deal over holiday eating. For some Americans, the worry of fitting into their jeans after the holiday season is a huge concern. Last year, the United States spent on average 2.3 billion dollars on Thanksgiving dinner food. That’s a lot of food!
Here are some tips from Triangle Spine Center to make your Thanksgiving holiday weekend healthier, enjoyable, and pain-free:
- Avoid bending directly over the oven door to lift out the turkey. Crouch and use your legs and knees for better balance. This will avoid putting all the weight-bearing stress on the lower spine.
- If you’re going for a long drive to visit friends and relatives this Thanksgiving, make sure to take a break from driving and get out of your vehicle to stretch. This helps restores normal posture and prevent a recurrence of painful neck or low back conditions.
- When loading your vehicle for the trip or from the grocery, organize your luggage, packages and goods into smaller loads, as opposed to one carrying them all in one loading.
- Adjust your car seat’s headrest, making sure that the top is no more than two inches below the top of the back your head. Make sure everyone is wearing the seat belt. Most of the estimated 20 million victims of auto accidents in America suffer from whiplash, which can easily be prevented by properly adjusting the seat headrests.
- Use the right car seat or booster seat for your children and make sure they have a head rest or a child-sized neck pillow so they don’t strain their necks falling asleep in the car. Without support, your child’s head can flop forward and sideways and affect their breathing and even cause misalignment of vertebrae.
With the long weekend, you’ll most likely spend time sitting and slouching on the couch or recliner. Try not to sleep in this position because the joints in this position may irritate the nerves and blood vessels and cause muscle spasm.
With these few simple tips from the Triangle Spine Center, Dr. Cinnamon Claudio, and her team and family wish everyone a healthy, happy chiropractic Thanksgiving holiday.
There’s an ongoing epidemic of opioid use and abuse in the United States which frequently leads to addiction. The American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians has calculated that Americans consume 80 percent of the world’s opioids while making up only 4.6 percent of the world’s population. Opioid abuse costs employers approximately eighteen billion dollars per year in sick days, lost productivity, and medical expenses.
Painkillers are relatively easy to get and very easy to become addicted to. For example, Kurt Angle, a retired pro wrestler who won an Olympic Gold Medal in wrestling in 1996, recently disclosed to Dan Le Betard on ESPN that he became addicted to opioids after a serious neck injury. He said that at the height of his addiction, when he was taking 65 extra strength Vicodin pills per day, he finally realized he had a problem. Fortunately, he seems to be on the road to recovery.
Triangle Spine Center is joining Chiropractic physicians nationwide this October during National Chiropractic Health Month to raise awareness of drug free pain management. The campaign promotes the use of chiropractic to address pain problems before turning to opioids and other risky treatments. Chiropractic is an important and effective first line of defense against pain. People need to know that there are alternatives to painkillers.
Fall is my favorite season of the year, for many reasons (one being cooler weather). However, our health tends to be put on the back burner when the colder weather begins; combine that with the stress that the upcoming holidays can bring and we have hurricane season. With that in mind, here are 6 ways to stay motivated and maintain your health routine this fall.
• Set Goals and Limits – If goals are excessively restrictive or vague, you will be less likely to rise to the challenge. Establish clear nutrition and health goals (dessert two times a week; a half-hour walk five times a week, etc.). Consistency is key to success with anything in life but especially when it comes to your health.
• Your Daily Game Plan – Make your daily routine habitual and try to keep things at the same time each day. Keep up with your workouts and chiropractic adjustments, and develop a consistent routine for healthy eating. Once you experience how great your body is designed to feel and function – you will feel sluggish and unsettled if you start missing your adjustments, workouts or eating unhealthy – which in itself is a strong incentive to get back on track.
• Fall Superfoods – Eating seasonal fruits and veggies ensures your produce will be less expensive, more nutritious & definitely taste better – which in turn means you’ll be likely to eat more of these healthy foods. Summer may be ending, but with fall superfoods like pumpkins, apples and Brussels sprouts ripening now, eating in season can be just as healthy now.
• Boost Your Immune System – Unfortunately for some, back to school time can also mean getting sick time. To help avoid that this fall, be sure to follow these simple tips: limit your sugar intake, eat simply and nutritiously, get regular adjustments, and boost up your supplements we sell Nutri-West supplements in our office.
• Stay Hydrated – This is an easy one to follow in the summer, but come fall, you may not feel as parched. However, staying hydrated is still crucial to keeping your body running at its best.
• Keep Moving in the Cold – You don’t have to go outside to move more throughout the work day. Try fashioning a DIY standing desk or workstation, take meetings on the go or simply do a few laps around the office when you can as the weather cools.
While one of our primary goals for all of our Triangle Spine Center patients is to give you the best musculoskeletal health possible, the reality is that we can only do so much in the few minutes a week that we see you. This means that a bulk of the responsibility falls back on you and the behaviors you do or do not engage in that can ultimately affect your back health.
What types of behaviors?
• Paying attention to your posture. When you walk, stand, or sit with poor posture, you’re not only fatiguing your muscles as they work to keep you upright, but you also limit your mobility as your discs and joints fall out of line. One way to break this habit is to put a sticky note someplace where you will see it often, reminding you to sit or stand.
• Taking your vitamins. Certain vitamins and minerals can help improve the strength and stability of your spine. These include vitamin D and calcium; the two nutrients that help support your bones.
• Drinking enough water. When you’re born, your spinal discs are comprised of 80% water. This enables them to work as they should. Therefore, in order to keep them operating at maximum function, you want to make sure you drink enough water.
• Getting more active. If you tend to spend a lot of time sitting, you may notice the effects in your back due to the inactivity. Of course, the way to remedy this is to simply get more physical activity. Even if it’s not a standard exercise program, anything you can do to move around more can help.
All of these things, in addition to regular chiropractic treatments, can help you improve the health of your back. If you want more ideas, just ask us the next time you’re in our office! We’d love to help you get and stay back pain-free!
Nutriwest was founded in 1982, a small nutritional supplement company offering a limited, but effective line of its own products. The company was the creation of a successful Wyoming Chiropractor and nutrition expert, Dr. Paul White, and his wife Marcia. There are now more than 280 separate Nutri-West products including vitamins, minerals, glandulars, enzymes, amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids, specialty products, tinctures, herbals, gels, topicals, and homeopathics. The sole focus of operations is still helping the health-care professional optimize the well-being of his or her patients. As before, Nutri-West strives to provide ever-more-effective supplements developed by its research panel of more than 20 eminent doctors. And realizing that patient compliance is a key to patient health, the company continues to offer only high-potency, all-natural products that are easy to carry, easy to take, and in general easy to make a part of one’s regular quest for health. Nutri-West products are made to the industry’s most exacting standards of quality, purity and potency. Each of the more than 1,200 raw materials used in producing Nutri-West’s tablets, capsules, tinctures and topical gels undergoes regular, random laboratory analysis to assure that it meets the company’s exacting standards. Many of Nutri-West’s products are proprietary formulations developed for the company by distinguished medical and nutritional researchers. More than 20 recognized authorities in the field of nutrition work on new formulations for specific nutritional situations on behalf of the company.
Within our office we can order from this company specifically for you in order to help aid in your overall health and care. Just let us know how we can help you!
Triangle Spine Center
7920 Acc Blvd Suite #230
Raleigh, NC 27617
Phone: (919) 957-3600
Fax: (919) 957-3800________________________________________________________________
Triangle Spine Center
140 Commerce Parkway Suite 102
Garner, NC 27529
Phone: (919) 779-4585
Fax: (919) 779-4958
- Monday: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am-1pm | 3pm to 7pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9am-1pm | 3pm to 7pm
- Friday: 9am to 1pm
- Saturday: By Appointment Only
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday: By Appointment Only
- Wednesday: 9am to 7pm
- Thursday: By Appointment Only
- Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday: By Appointment Only
- Sunday: Closed
Raleigh Chiropractor Auto Accident and Injury Center’s Healthy Lifestyle Tips Series
- Christmas and ChiropracticDecember 4, 2019 - 11:28 am
Christmas is a busy time of year with many extra things to do, extra demands on your time. Your body comes under extra stress and pressure. People feel loss more at this time of year and getting an extended family together can be an occasion for anxiety and friction. As families splinter in pursuit of […]
- Here’s To A Healthy Thanksgiving!November 21, 2019 - 12:07 pm
Thanksgiving is almost here: a day full of family, football, and of course – food! Your family probably has its own Thanksgiving traditions, but what if you tried something new this year? Here at Triangle Spine Center, we want you to have the best Thanksgiving ever. No, we aren’t going to give you a hard […]
- Low Back Pain: An Ice Pack or Moist Heat Pack?October 28, 2019 - 11:59 am
Many patients perform some self-care when they first hurt their lower back, hoping this will keep them out of a doctor’s office. While home remedies can sometimes make the pain go away, sometimes they don’t. It just depends on what you try. When the back is first hurt, it’s often a sprain/strain type of injury […]
- Try #ChiropracticFirst Before OpioidsSeptember 24, 2019 - 3:57 pm
Why Chiropractic? Chiropractic is a safe, cost-effective, non-invasive, drug-free form of healthcare that helps prevent opioid addiction by avoiding addictive prescription drugs in the first place. Why does this matter? North Carolina contains 4 of the top 25 cities with the highest opioid abuse rates, including #1 Wilmington. However, with over 2000 licensed North Carolina […]