Neck Pain Treatment
Check Your Neck Pain Immediately to Debar More Physical Complicacies
Neck Pain is a very common physical problem in modern lifestyle. According to statistical data 20 out of every 100 people in the world suffer from neck pain for different reasons in their lifetime. Your neck or cervical spine is constituted of vertebrae extending to the skull to the upper torso. The cervical disks absorb shocks on the bones and muscles those form the part of the neck. Your neck supports your entire head, the weightiest part of your body, and allows it to move flexibly. Neck Pain is now a household problem irrespective of countries and cultures. If you’re feeling uneasiness while moving your head or feeling strains while uplifting weights you need neck pain treatment.
Causes of neck pain:
Before starting your neck pain treatment, a chiropractor investigates the causes behind your neck pain as there are several reasons result in this health issue. If you’ve some knowledge regarding all these basic problems then you can help your chiropractor to detect the reason precisely. Here are some very common reasons behind neck pain:
- Cervical Spondylosis: It affects the joint of your neck. Due to wear and tear, the cartilages and bones in that part of the neck are injured causing severe pains in the neck. Sometimes the pain spreads all over the back and shoulder and goes behind control.
- Whiplash: Due to sudden shock in the muscles and ligaments, as happens in car accidents or sudden fall from a height etc., around the neck the tissues are either ruptured or deformed severally. This leads to neck pain.
- Sprains and Strains: Sprains and strains often cause neck pain. You may have injured ligaments, tendons, muscles or bones due to any physical activities in past which may lead to neck pain.
- Torticollis: This is a medical condition in which head remain tilted in one side. This may cause due to damage in the neck muscles or arteries and veins supplying blood. Torticollis is also called wry neck.
- Osteoporosis: This is a disease in which the bones in your body get thinner due to less formation of calcium in bones. This problem causes weakening of bones and disks in the neck. Pain starts growing as the bones rubbing against each other more vigorously.
- Fibromyalgia: This is a peculiar body syndrome causing severe pains due to some unknown reasons to a person. The joints in your body start paining slowly but suddenly. Pain occurs in tender points such as back of the head, shoulders, elbows or hips. Mostly, women are attacked by this syndrome.
- The Rheumatoid Arthritis: It’s an auto-immune disease in which the synovial joints are severally attacked causing erosion of the synovial tissues. Rheumatoid Arthritis causes weakening of neck bones and cervical plates and severe pains in neck and shoulder.
There are innumerable other reasons behind neck pain. It’s also a fact that neck pain may not be a disease itself but may be a symptom of other physical issues. So, you should take this matter very seriously and start neck pain treatment in time.
Neck pain Remedies:
Neck is one of the most vital parts of your body, through it the head is connected to the rest of the body. If the pain is recurring, or staying constantly, you need to consult an expert who can start proper neck pain treatment for you. Though, before visiting a chiropractor you can go for some home remedies written below:
- Heat therapy: You can apply hot bags or warm pack on the neck and shoulder. Warmth around the neck helps in easy flowing of blood and relieves stiffening of muscles. While taking bath, avoid cold water; instead use lukewarm water which surely relieves some pain immediately.
- Cold pack: This is particularly effective when you get sudden injuries causing inflammation in neck muscles. Apply cold pack every half an hour; this is a very effective first aid in neck pain.
- Neck and Shoulder massage: Light massages for 15-20 minutes two times a day is very helpful in relieving muscle and joint pains in neck and a shoulder.
- Medicines: Over the counter inflammation relievers like ibuprofen, naproxen etc. or pain killers like acetaminophen, tramadol etc can be used to get relief from neck pain temporarily.
If these home treatments are not relieving you much, you should consult a chiropractor immediately who can start neck pain treatment after thorough diagnosis.
Please check here for information regarding professional headache and migraine relief.