Did you know that the average American spends 56 hours per week sitting, which weakens the core? Strong abs help prevent back pain, boost your agility, increase your flexibility, and keep you looking good. Triangle Spine Center staff came up with 4 of their favorite ab exercises just for you.
Before you get started, don’t forget the golden ab workout rule: quality over quantity. It’s a myth that 2,000 fast-paced crunches a day will leave you with a washboard stomach. Instead of ripping through the motions, slow down for more effective results!
- Stand back-to-back with your feet shoulder width apart
- With your feet planted on the floor and your core tight, rotate your body to the right to pass the ball off to your partner.
- Once your partner has the ball, he/she will rotate to his right and pass the ball off to you on your left
- Repeat this same motion for 60 seconds
- Rest for 45 seconds.
2) Mason Twist
- Sitting on the floor, bend knees so you can place feet flat on the floor.
- Contract abdominals as if to pull belly button toward spine and lean upper body back, about 45 degrees.
- Raise feet up until lower legs are parallel to the floor.
- Lift hands off the floor and balance weight on your glutes. Bend elbows and clasp hands together in front of chest.
- Twist torso to the right and bring hands to floor. Move only upper body and keep abdominals engaged during motion.
- Twist over to the left side and bring hands toward floor. Continue twisting from right to left side to complete one set.
3) Bicycle Crunch
- Lie down on a mat
- Now keep your hands behind your head and interlock your fingers. Also put your feet in air.
- Now lift your head up and touch your right elbow to the left knee while pulling your leg up towards your head.
- Now do the opposite with left elbow and right knee.
4) 30 Second Plank
- Start by getting into a press up position.
- Bend elbows and rest weight on forearms and not on hands.
- Your body should form a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
- Engage core by sucking belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds.
We hope you enjoyed the Triangle Spine Center ab workout. If you are looking for a Brier Creek chiropractor then give us a call – we would love to help!