CUTTING SUGAR DOESN’T HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED!
Several years ago someone asked me if I would be willing to do a “sugar fast.” Basically all I had to do was cut out sugar from my diet for 21 days. Sure! I can do that. After all…I don’t eat a lot of sugar, or so I thought.
Turns out I was wrong. I never realized how much sugar was in the stuff I was eating every day. Bread, pasta, fruit, sauces, drinks and the list goes on and on.
When I got the list of things I couldn’t eat during my 21 days, I was floored. To make a long story short, I made it the 21 days. The first two were the worst. But after that…I felt GREAT! I lost about 10 lbs, I was sleeping better and my energy went way up. That 21 days was when I realized that I was addicted to sugar and that my body didn’t like it.
Ever since then, I have been conscious of my sugar intake. I’m back to my college weight, and I feel much better. I have also been sharing my sugar fast story with others and encouraging them to take the plunge. You will definitely feel a lot better when you do it.
If you don’t know where to start, it can be frustrating. Here are 18 simple sugar eliminating tips that will help you get started.
1. Put on your big-boy (or girl) pants and decide that you CAN do it.
2. Don’t buy sugary junk.
3. Read labels. (if it ends in “ose” and rhymes with “gross”…it’s SUGAR)
4. Eat more meat.
5. If someone offers you sugary junk…say “No thanks.”
6. Eat more vegetables.
7. Don’t eat bread. (or eat much less)
8. Drink more vegetables – if you don’t like eating them, try juicing.
9. Don’t eat pasta. (or eat much less)
10. If someone gives you sugary junk…say “Thanks”…then throw it away.
11. Eat fruit in moderation. (yes…fruit has sugar)
12. Don’t keep a stash of sugary junk in your house.
13. Read labels. (3.5 grams of sugar = 1 packet. So 35 grams of sugar = 10 packets of sugar)
14. Don’t beat yourself up if you screw up. (it’s a lifestyle not a diet)
15. Don’t eat corn. (Corn has sugar. It’s NOT a vegetable…it’s a grain)
16. Throw away sugary junk. (it’s just like spoiled food…no good)
17. Connect with whole-food, low-sugar groups either online or offline. The support of likeminded individuals is critical for your long-term success.
18. Get up tomorrow and REPEAT.
In Good Health,
Dr. Cinnamon Claudio
Ready to feel healthier? Let’s make sure you’re aligned correctly, schedule your appointment with me today.